Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Review: Muse and Reverie


Muse and Reverie
Muse and Reverie by Charles de Lint

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Every time I find a collection of Newford stories that I haven't yet read, it's like a bit like my birthday. Charles de Lint is one of my writing idols, and I love his take on urban fantasy.

Every story in this collection is interesting and different from the next. New characters and old staples of Newford work their way through the stories, and everything is entrancing as always.

It's hard to talk about short stories without giving away the entire story, so instead of reviewing each individual short, I'll just say that the collection is wonderful. If you prefer the recurring characters, you might be disappointed in this collection, as there were many stories with characters I hadn't seen in Newford before. If you just love Newford and seeing its world expand, then you'll likely love this collection.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment